KUALA LUMPUR: The Sulu forces in southern Philippines are planning a ‘revenge attack’ following the 2013 deadly stand-off in Lahad Datu and reclaim Sabah, Deputy Home Minister Datuk Nur Jazlan Mohamed said. This was gathered from intelligence by the enforcement agencies, Nur Jazlan said. He told the New Straits Times that the ministry was monitoring and working to neutralise the local network of sympathisers. “We have been doing continuous and intensive monitoring. There are indications that the group is planning a revenge attack. “We want to neutralise their network of sympathisers to prevent any such attack.” Nur Jazlan said many sympathisers had been assimilated into the communities, making it harder for the enforcers to identify them. “They are normal people, usually locals or non-Malaysians, with ties to the communities in southern Philippines. So, there are many of them. “They have interwoven with the communities in eastern Sabah, which makes it more difficult to identify them.” Immigration Department deputy director-general Datuk Sakib Kusmi said the movement of people with Sulu links was being monitored by enforcement agencies, including the Eastern Sabah Security Command. Sabah state assembly on Thursday passed a proposal to ban foreigners associated with the self-proclaimed Sulu sultanate from entering the country. Legal action was also proposed against PKR lawmakers Nurul Izzah Anwar and Tian Chua following their meeting with Jacel Kiram, daughter of the late Jamalul Kiram III, who ordered the 2013 intrusion.