A 7.3 magnitude earthquake under the sea at a depth of 28 miles (46 km) near Maluku Islands, Indonesia has triggered tsunami warning on Saturday.
According to the US Geological Survey, the earthquake struck northwest of the town of Kota Ternate, at 0231 GMT.
The Pacific Tsunami Warning Centre said: “Tsunami waves are possible for coasts located within 300 kilometres.”
It said tsunami waves could hit parts of Indonesia, as well the Philippines, Japan, Taiwan and islands in the South Pacific.
KOMPAS.com listed 15 places in Indonesia that has the potential to be hit by the tsunami:
1. Halmahera, Maluku
2. Halmahera Utara, Maluku Utara
3. Kepulauan Sula, Maluku Utara
4. Bolaangmongondow bagian selatan, Sulawesi Utara
5. Kepulauan Sangihe, Sulawesi Utara
6. Kepulauan Talaud, Sulawesi Utara
7. Minahasa Bagian Selatan, Sulawesi Utara
8. Minahasa-Selatan Bagian Selatan, Sulawesi Utara
9. Minahasa Utara bagian selatan, Sulawesi Utara
10. Minahasa Utara bagian utara, Sulawesi Utara
11. Gorontalo bagian utara, Gorontalo
12. Buru, Maluku
13. Seram bagian barat, Maluku
14. Halmahera Selatan, Maluku Utara
15. Kota Ternate, Maluku Utara