Please click here for: The Mystery of the Missing Door (Chapter 6: The Circus)
“Mic! Reen! It’s tea time,” called their mother.
“Mom, can we have tea at our favourite place in the garden, please? asked Pete.
“Of course,” answered his mother.
The children ran to their favourite table in the garden and took their seats.
“It is very hard to solve this mystery,” said Reen. “I haven’t been able to estimate the length of our suspect’s nose, the length of his arms, the size of his shoes and the size of his shirt,” continued Reen. “I don’t think we could solve it. There are…”
“Hello children. Look who is here to see you,” said Reen’s mother as she walked towards them followed by Miss Nyla. Miss Nyla carried a big tray loaded with home baked cookies and cakes.
“Good afternoon, children,” said Miss Nyla with a big smile. “I baked these lovely cookies and cake especially for all of you. I hope you’ll love them,” she continued.
“Lovely!” said Safora. “Look at those delicious chocolate chips on the cookies. And the cake looks so tasty with cream and huge, fresh strawberries! Thank you, Miss Nyla. You are very kind.”
Just as Miss Nyla and Reen’s mother went inside the house, someone on a motorcycle dropped something in front of Reen’s house.
“Hey!” shouted Mic as he ran to the gate. He saw a newspaper by the roadside and picked it up. “He’s gone,” said Mic to himself. Mic told his friends what had happened and looking at the newspaper, he asked,”Should we check this newspaper just in case if there’s a message or something?”
Then he saw something written on the front page of the newspaper.
“Tell 8910 a meeting Wednesday 9pm at the beach.
XYZ will lead the meeting.
555 of vd (burn after reading)”
“It’s a message to the guy called 8910!” said Pete. “But who is he and what is vd? Is it a place?”
“I know!” shouted Reen. “Seera Soora Sora of Cape Verde. It’s a code. The three fives are codes for three ‘s’ and vd is…”
“That’s impossible, Reen!” said Mic who was tired of Reen’s weird theories, before Reen could go on. “I think 555 of vd refers to somebody with a code name, 555 and vd means vanishing doors.”
“Good thinking, Mic!” said Pete. “555 could be a code name and vd could be vanishing doors. Clever, Mic”.
Mic smiled proudly.
“Now time for a plan. We’ll need someone to spy the meeting and someone else to help the spy send informations by texting to the headquarters. One of us will be staying at the headquarters which is here, to collect information and ready to call for help just in case anything happen.”
“I think Pete will spy,” started Mic. “Safora will assist Pete and I will be at the head quarters.”
“Right,” says Pete. “Today is Tuesday so we’ll better get ready for the meeting. Get your darkest shirt, Safora. We’ll be going there 10 minutes early and we would hide behind a closed stall. Mic, be ready about 13 minutes before the meeting. Understand, everybody?” asked Pete.
“But what about me?” asked Reen.
“I’m sorry, Reen. I forgot to tell you that you’ll be Mic’s assistant. Please make sure that both of you will not fall asleep. Now let’s get prepared!” said Pete.
>>> To Be Continued <<<
- The Mystery of the Missing Door (Chapter 2: A Mystery Begins!) – A Story By Ahmad Ali Karim (ahmadalijetplane.wordpress.com)
- The Mystery of the Missing Door (Chapter 3: A Man With A Door)(ahmadalijetplane.wordpress.com)
- The Mystery of the Missing Door (Chapter 6: The Circus) (ahmadalikarim.wordpress.com)
- The Mystery of the Missing Door (Chapter 4: Suspects) (ahmadalijetplane.wordpress.com)
- The Mystery of the Missing Door (Chapter 5: The Country Fair)(ahmadalikarim.wordpress.com)
- The Mystery of the Missing Door (Chapter 3: A Man With A Door)(ahmadalikarim.wordpress.com)
- The Mystery of the Missing Door (Chapter 1: Back Together) – A Story By Ahmad Ali Karim(ahmadalijetplane.wordpress.com)
- The Mystery of the Missing Door (Chapter 4: Suspects) (ahmadalikarim.wordpress.com)